Hours: 8hrs/wk x 30 weeks
Reports to: Community and Race Relations Committee of Peterborough, Board of Directors & Coordinator
The Community and Race Relations Committee of Peterborough (CRRC) seeks a part-time OSAP eligible employee to develop the organization's outreach material and promotional resources. The position will be responsible for developing material for CRRC’s promotions to be used at, but not limited to CRRC’s presence at community events and our website. The position will additionally be responsible for updating CRRC’s anti-racist materials found on our website, www.anti-racism.ca. You will report directly to the Board of Directors and the coordinator. Strong writing and communication skills, an attention to detail and outreach skills as well as a solid analysis of anti-racism, anti-oppression and decolonization are required for this position. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, be passionate about anti-racism, and have strong understanding of both online and print mediums for outreach purposes.
Primary Areas of Responsibility and Specific Duties:
● Create and update CRRC’s promotional material
● Research and update CRRC resources available on our website
● Create outreach and event posters and other visuals
● Create and distribute community needs assessment survey
● Create and distribute community needs survey
● Experience creating outreach materials
● Experience monitoring and updating organizational online presences
● Experience in a nonprofit setting and/or community organizing preferred
● Experience working with/in racially marginalized communities
● Some knowledge of anti-racism and anti-oppression principles and practices
● Some experience in social justice and community organizing
● Some knowledge of issues facing Indigenous peoples, newcomers and people of colour in Canada
● Understanding of CRRC’s goals and mandate
● Strong communication skills, including ability to effectively communicating CRRC’s position
● Able to work well independently
● Ability to think critically and create comprehensive synopsis of written materials
● Working knowledge of developing online presence including social media and websites
Terms of employment: 8hrs/week for approximately 30 weeks. The employment will follow Trent’s academic calendar and will include unpaid time off during Trent’s reading weeks and winter holidays. The position is contingent on the receival of funding.
Please send an email with an attached electronic cover letter and resume with “CRRC Outreach Material and Promotions Position” in the subject heading to: email@example.com or drop off paper application in our mailbox in Sadleir House at 751 George St. N.
CRRC welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites all people to the Board including those who are Indigenous, of colour, members of ethnic, cultural and/or faith communities, (im)migrants/ newcomers, women, LGBTQQI2SAP identified folks, single parents, working class and (dis)abled people to apply.
CRRC thanks all applicants, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, no later than midnight pm on September 30th 2015.