The purpose of the Community and Race Relations Committee of Peterborough is to encourage positive race relations. The Committee supports the basic principle that all individuals in Canada are equal in dignity and rights. Therefore our objectives are:
• To encourage sound race relations through partnerships with other agencies, organizations and interest groups in the community.
• To promote, through educational activities and projects, increased community understanding of racial intolerance and racial disadvantage arising from the institutional, systemic nature of racism.
• To establish and maintain a collection of resource material on race relations for public use.
• To promote and develop a network of community organizations and services interested in the goals and objectives of the CRRC.
• To investigate or advocate for investigation of incidents of racism and to take an advocacy role in the resolution of conflict of a racial nature.
• To provide training to employers and personnel of public and private institutions on anti-racism and race relations.