Volunteer at CRRC’s in-person and hybrid events!
As we slowly return to in-person opportunities, the CRRC is looking for volunteers to support us with events for the spring and upcoming summer. The CRRC hosts community events and workshops throughout the year that require lots of work to prepare, set up, and to ensure guests feel welcome and comfortable during their time and experience with us. We are looking for volunteers to join the CRRC team as we build our capacity to offer these great opportunities for community members and make a meaningful impact toward positive race relations in Nogojiwanong/Peterborough.
Event & Workshop Volunteers
- We are seeking volunteers to support CRRC events throughout the year.
- Volunteers will be supervised by CRRC’s Coordinator
- Event & Workshop Volunteer positions offer lots of flexibility and opportunity for growth.
- must be able to volunteer at a minimum of one (1) CRRC event and/or workshop.
- must attend CRRC’s volunteer orientation (1-hr virtual session, multiple dates available).
- must provide a vulnerable sector check to volunteer in community settings with CRRC.
- must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteers may support any or all of the below activities:
- Event set-up.
- Event reception, guest greeting, sign-in/sign-up, collecting donations, and ensuring guests are compliant with venue Covid19 protocols (varies depending on venue).
- Tabling at networking and engagement events.
- Event clean-up.
- Volunteers are encouraged to attend team meetings when available to do so.
- Get involved with CRRC to make new relationships with our community and organization team and build your connections with our community partners.
- Access opportunities available internally to CRRC team members.
- Make meaningful contributions in the community through your service with the CRRC.
- With additional experience and/or relevant education and applicable background, volunteers may also:
- Support with event and workshop leadership and facilitation
- Support with Q&A moderation
- Support with special projects
- Volunteers are welcome to attend CRRC events and workshops and participate in any educational opportunities provided by CRRC.
- Student volunteers are welcome to mentorship opportunities as they become available.
- Volunteers are invited and welcome to participate in CRRC’s team building activities and professional development throughout the year.
- Volunteer members of the CRRC may be nominated for a Board of Directors position for election at the next AGM. Volunteer members of CRRC may be invited to fill vacant positions on the Board of Directors if vacancies exist throughout the year.