Volunteer at our office this summer to support CRRC’s resource clean up and digitization project!
The CRRC office has changed in the past few months, and in the process of cleaning, de-cluttering, and overhauling some outdated furniture, we are looking for volunteers to help us sort through old resources and archival materials that can be digitized, organized and recycled. In this work, office volunteers will help us create a digital archive of our outdated resources and memories including photographs, letters, articles and so on. The CRRC is hoping to include some of these archived memories in our upcoming 40th Anniversary celebration and short documentary which will be featured at the ReFrame Film Festival in 2023.
- We are seeking 1-2 volunteer(s) to support CRRC’s office clean up this summer by working with staff to unpack, organize, digitize and recycle outdated resources, learning materials and memories such as photographs, letters, and articles.
- Volunteer location will be at our office at the Sadleir House on 751 George St.
- Volunteers will be supervised by CRRC’s Coordinator
- must be able to volunteer in-person at our office location at the Sadleir House on 751 George St.
- must attend CRRC’s volunteer orientation (1-hr virtual session, multiple dates available).
- must be able to volunteer on a weekly basis throughout the summer months, flexible hours and flexible start/end dates.
- must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteers will help with unpacking and sorting paper materials from CRRC’s office storage alongside the Coordinator.
- Volunteers will help to scan, upload, and digitally organize the digitized content in CRRC’s digital storage and database.
- Volunteers are responsible for showing up during the time agreed upon by the volunteer and Coordinator.
- Volunteers are encouraged to attend team meetings when available to do so.
- Get involved with CRRC to make new relationships with our community and organization team and build your connections with our community partners.
- Access opportunities available internally to CRRC team members.
- Make meaningful contributions in the community through your service with the CRRC.
- With additional experience and/or relevant education and applicable background, volunteers may also:
- Be eligible to apply for paid employment opportunities in an office duty role as positions become available, contingent on funding.
- Volunteers are welcome to attend CRRC events and workshops and participate in any educational opportunities provided by CRRC.
- Student volunteers are welcome to mentorship opportunities as they become available.
- Volunteers are invited and welcome to participate in CRRC’s team building activities and professional development throughout the year.
- Volunteer members of the CRRC may be nominated for a Board of Directors position for election at the next AGM. Volunteer members of CRRC may be invited to fill vacant positions on the Board of Directors if vacancies exist throughout the year.